Choice & Effort

How does one become so distant when so near, 
We live in the same space, yet space is what I fear
I think our is love is on a suicide mission
All the cheer and happiness seem to be on unscheduled vacation

Why is it that you feel burdened for ever long
Why is it that I feel that I am always wrong
I realize that is for my sake that you get angry
but knowing that I am the cause saddens me, Oh what a quandary!

I do not know how to break this vicious, downward spiral
Seems like our togetherness is constantly on a trial
What has brought about this change, I am still trying to find
What are those things our happiness is hiding behind?

Can't you see, don't you feel it too?
Isn't there something that we must try to do?
Or shall we resign ourselves to go on being the way we are...
And wonder how others have got it right and for us, the goal remains far!

Is there a need to assign responsibility for everything or to throw blame
Aren't we old enough to not indulge in such a stupid game
Why don't we talk about how we both feel with abandon
With no fear of censure and keeping any kind of judgement in suspension

Maybe there is a light at the end of this dark tunnel
Clarity and sanity shall filter only through the conversation funnel

And even if we decide to part our ways and move away
we shall be content that we gave this everything and said all we had to say
So adios! my dear partner for so many special, memorable years
I go away from you with a smile and eyes filled with tears

We may choose not to be together any long
But our affection need not be written off as all wrong
Resolving this way, through expression, all of our concerns
May help us remember the good memories and maybe forget the really awful ones

However, if we choose to continue being together going forward
We'll know what didn't work in the past and do better from now onward
Having examined what all went wrong so far with us
We can choose to work around those uncomfortable stuff

Or actually address them openly and try to find possible workaround
You give a little, I adjust slightly, both covering a little extra ground
After all, there has been an investment of so many emotions
Over so many years - some tearful and some joyful occasions

If the foundation is still strong - the foundation of love
I am sure that we will be kept together by the powers up above

The choice therefore rests upon us alone
Shall we tie us tighter in love or leave the bond undone
Striving for a future with no regrets, we must address "the today"
Air out our problems, discuss issues, have our say
God willing, this will bring about a perfect solution
And both of us shall find peace with that resolution!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

भजन

woh

had