Don't Wait, Say it now!

 

This world is a very strange place

We are born alone, and we die alone.

But we remain throughout our life in a race,

To find good companions, if not many, at least one!

 

But while we are with those relations –

Chosen by us or afforded through divine interventions.

We disregard the temporariness of situations,

And miss expressing our emotions or intentions.

 

I urge you to say your piece, offer that embrace!

Never leave on an angry note any conversation.

Every time is the right time and any place is the right place –

To make things better and retreat from an altercation.

 

Even if you want to say farewell to a few,

Fare them well with all your heart!

Short or long duration, they afforded a view –

In shaping of you, they too did their part!

 

Frankly, life is unpredictable. No one knows what is next!

How many moments we have with our loved ones!

Celebrate each moment – emote, call, just send a text!

Make them feel special, tell them you love them tonnes!

 

As I watched the scene in which Rajat Kapoor meets with an accident in Kapoor & Sons after having fought with his wife and son, the futility of fighting over things - big or small  and then not being able to clarify them, touched a very raw nerve, one that I did not know I had in me. 

The poem above is just an impulsive outpouring as a result of witnessing the scene in the movie but it is also a way to reach out to those with whom I am not in touch regularly but they are more often than not in my thoughts!!

Worst are the words that are left unsaid, be it "I love you", "I miss you", "I am sorry", or any other unfulfilled promise like "I would call you later"... and there is no second chance to say them. They haunt those who wanted to say them and the ones for whom they were intended are left bereft of the comfort these words could have offered....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

भजन

woh

had