My experiments with poem writing (1996-2000) Freedom

Background: One day, during my undergraduate course, I was in a very pensive mood when I noticed a bird on the window of my room, the bird inspired me to write the below words. I was struggling with idea generation and generally in a thought rut...but when one gets unconditional love and acceptance, it has amazing power of lifting the gloom and throwing it right out of the window... some candid conversations with my maternal grandfather helped me release this burden of expectations from myself and trust me, it led me to perform at my best so far academically...the first time when I scored the highest in a class :)

The Poem: Freedom


I'm feeling like a bird, I'm feeling free
This feeling of freedom is new to me.
It has been a long time that I felt like a bird,
We were trapped in the bonds binding the herd.

Let my mind take its wings and let my joyful feel,
The songs of freedom and the lyrics of zeal.
It has been a long time that my heart sang!
But I'll remember that time with a sad pang.

Love has lifted my spirits to the sky, it has made my heart feel.
I was so sad earlier, when I was trapped in the bars of steel.
Oh my freedom is so refreshing! I feel like new!
My mind is full of ideas and these moments are so few.

Always cherish your freedom of feeling and thought!
Because of the lightness of soul it will always try to bring about!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

भजन

woh

had